To achieve our goal of allowing more boys the opportunity to play basketball, the LSBBA Board of Directors has developed a Financial Aid program. This ensures that any boy, regardless of financial situation, will have the opportunity to play basketball.
The LSBBA Financial Program details are as follows:
- For Travel, In-House, and Camp Registration: LSBBA will reduce fees by 50%-100% of the full cost of the registration fee, if the player is a recipient of free or reduced school lunch.
- As a part of the registration process, there will be a checkbox to be marked and a code to be entered if the player has requested financial aid.
Steps for applying for Financial Aid: Parents requesting financial aid for the program should:
- Register for financial assistance: Click Here
- Include/upload your free/reduced lunch verification letter in the application.
- Allow 2-3 business days to receive a code to use during during checkout for the program registration.
The following is not covered by financial aid:
- A $250 check to be used as a deposit requiring parents to work their designated shifts at at the Cougar Classic.
- If the parents decline to help at the Cougar Classic, the $250 will be use to reimburse the LSBBA for the hiring of tournament workers. Deposit checks from players whose parents work their assigned shifts will be destroyed.
- A $150 check for uniform deposit. Checks will be destroyed at the end of the season if the uniform is returned in the same condition as it was issued.